How does Scratch and Dent Insurance work?
Quote Me Now
Scratch and Dent Insurance is sometimes referred to as SMART Insurance.
It is an insurance product designed to help maintain the appearance and value of your vehicle without having to make claims on your motor insurance.
Making a claim on your fully comprehensive motor insurance for stone chips, small scratches or scuffs would damage your insurance claim record and ultimately increase your premiums in future. No matter how carefully you drive or how considerately you park – vehicles do suffer scratches, dents and chips. If left unattended, this type of small damage can quickly deteriorate and cause corrosion and paint departure.
Why not consider Scratch and Dent Insurance?.
This cover provides up to £3,000.00 in aggregate, per period of insurance, to meet the cost of small cosmetic repairs to your vehicle bodywork. Repairs are carried out at your home or place of work and all repairs are covered by a 3 year guarantee.
Scratch, Dent and Scuff to Bodywork
This insurance will pay for bodywork repairs such as;
– Dents not exceeding 2.5cm in diameter,
– Scratches and scuffs not exceeding 15cm in circumference,
– Stone chips each not exceeding 1.5mm in diameter,
The insurer limits the size of damage to ensure repairs are unlikely to be detected by casual examination. Damage larger than the areas stated above have been proven to be better and more satisfactorily repaired by a fully equipped bodyshop and as such are not covered by this policy. Up to 2 bodywork claims per annum are covered by this insurance.
A £25 policy excess will apply to claim.
For more detailed information on this cover and its limitations and exclusions, please refer to the policy Term and Conditions.
Our Gap Insurance policyholders have exclusive access to this cover, provided this policy is purchased within 30 days of vehicle delivery from a recognised motor dealer and the vehicle is under 5 years of age and 60,000 miles at the start of the policy.
Why? because whilst a number of suppliers may appear to be offering the same type and level of cover – the Terms and Conditions will be very different and these differences determine what will and will not be paid for when making a claim and in what circumstances a claim is considered valid.
Overlook this and you could face costs and disappointment when you least expect it.
You can find, download and print our insurers Terms and Conditions Policy Terms & Conditions
- You are purchasing Gap Insurance from car2cover, or have recently purchased it from us it for the same vehicle,
- Your car is under 5 years of age and less than 60,000 miles at the start of cover,
- You are the person named as the policyholder or named driver on the motor insurance policy,
- Cover is purchased within 30 days of vehicle purchase,
- Your car or van invoice price did not exceed £75,000 at time of purchase,
- Your vehicle is listed in the Glass’s Guide and principally used in the UK,
- You purchased your vehicle from a vat registered motor / motorcycle dealer,
- You are not buying this policy to make a claim on pre-existing damage,
- You have read the eligibility and policy Terms & Conditions. Please view the Scratch and Dent policy document.
- You are not purchasing Gap Insurance from car2cover,
- Your vehicle is used for competition, road racing, pace making or off road use,
- Your vehicle is used as an emergency service vehicle, heavy goods vehicle or mini-buses over 19 seats,
- Your vehicle has been modified from the Manufacturer’s specification without your motor insurers agreement,
- Vehicles over 3500kg gross weight.
- The following vehicles are not covered; Taxi’s, Driving School Tuition Vehicles, Minicabs, any vehicle not listed in UK Glasses Guide or over 3500kg GVW and kit cars.
For full eligibility and policy Terms & Conditions please view the Scratch and Dent policy document.
All insurances on this web site have been designed by us because we know Scratch and Dent Insurance market.
Using our 30 years experience we worked with our insurer to eliminate the negatives aspects of many Scratch and Dent Insurance policies on the market, improve customer benefits and make our terms and conditions transparent, fair and simple to understand. We have reduced confusing ‘jargon’ to a minimum and we hope like thousands of others – you enjoy the result.
This policy does not cover….
- You cannot make a claim in the first 30 days of the policy,
- There is an excess payable of £25 per claim,
- Scratch and Dent cover is not renewable,
- The premium is not refundable in the event of a cancellation after the 14 day cooling off period,
- Scratch and Dent Insurance is not transferable to another person or vehicle,