How does Return To Invoice Gap Insurance work?“ In the event of an insurance write off as a result of an accident, fire or most commonly theft, our Return to Invoice Gap Insurance will pay the difference between your motor insurers settlement – and your original purchase invoice price. This cover is suitable for cash and finance customers. “
Whilst those numbers include road traffic accidents, professional theft forms a major part of those statistics. While vehicle security systems have improved to the point that theft by ‘joy riders’ is now a very rare occurrence, there is an extremely lucrative market for the professional thief who will find a way to overcome the very best security systems – even if it means first stealing the keys. A vehicle is often our second highest investment and its portability and value even in dismantled component part form makes it a very attractive and easy target. The statistics do not lie, 57 vehicles per hour every hour night and day – 365 days per year.
What will Return To Invoice Gap Insurance do for you?
When a write off occurs, fully comprehensive insurers will only pay the depreciated value at the time of write off. For example, in year 3 of ownership an insurer might pay 30 – 35% of the original vehicle purchase price, leaving the owner with an unexpected and unplanned expense.
Return To Invoice Gap Insurance will pay the difference between;
a) the motor insurers claim settlement and.. b) what the owner originally paid for the vehicle.
With this protection, the motorist will have the same amount of money to spend on a replacement as he or she originally spent. Return To Invoice Gap Insurance is purchased by and suitable for cash buyers and financed buyers alike. Our Return To Invoice Gap Insurance policies are ‘combined’ policies which means that if the vehicle is financed via a dealer arranged plan and the lenders finance settlement figure exceeds the original vehicle invoice price, it will pay that higher figure.
Need to see an example? Click Here
A customer buys a car for £15,000.00.
After three years of ownership, the car is stolen and written off by the insurer.
The insurer agrees to pay the depreciated value at time of write off which is £6,00.00.
In this example, the customer would need to find £9,000.00 to be able to have the same amount of money to spend on a replacement.
Return To Invoice Gap Insurance would pay that difference of £9,000.00 directly to the customer to enable him / her to spend £15,000.00 again on a replacement vehicle.
It is extremely low cost by comparison.
Is it good value? Consider these comparisons and examples. The cost of mobile phone insurance for an iphone or smartphone is approximately £11 per month which means over a three year period we might pay £396.00 to protect a £500 risk. As an example, Return To Invoice Gap Insurance on the other hand can cover up to £20,000.00 of risk on a £25,000.00 car for less than £130 for a full three year period. When compared to fully comprehensive insurance the value is undoubted. Our fully comprehensive insurance premium might for example be £350 per annum, so over a 3 year period we might pay at least £1,050.00 and yet the fully comprehensive insurers risk is reducing year on year in line with the vehicles falling value. The fully comprehensive insurer also has the ability to increase premiums annually to pay for the cost of claims of others. The gap insurer on the other hand collects one small fixed premium to protect the increasing depreciation risk year on year.
So, do you need it and is it a worthwhile investment and good value? – That is for you to decide, but you must agree based on the ABI’s write off statistics – there are compelling reasons to give it serious consideration.
You won’t find any other Return To Invoice policy with these features.
Unrivalled Cover Features
- Our policies do not have a ‘Market Value’ clause – our policies pay in addition to your motor insurers settlement,
- Our policies cover unlimited factory fitted options and up to £1,500 of dealer fitted accessories including paint & upholstery treatment, insurance premiums, non transferable warranties and even road fund licence costs,
- Our policies do not limit claim payouts to ‘Glasses Guide’ value,
- Our insurer will make claim payment directly to the policyholder and not the supplying dealer to provide greater freedom of choice,
- Cover includes theft where the thief first gains access to the vehicle keys – a common form of theft today,
- Our policies will settle outstanding finance even if it exceeds the original purchase price of the vehicle,
- Our policies do not apply a depreciation to your vehicle’s value if you delay your Gap Insurance purchase,
- Up to £250 paid toward your motor insurers excess deduction,
- Our policies cover all drivers named on your motor insurance policy – including provisional licence holders,
- Modified vehicles covered covered providing your motor insurer has approved and insured the modification,
- Written commitment with the terms to settle your claim within 14 days of your motor insurers settlement,
- Cover available for new and used cars, light vans, motorcycles and motorhomes up to 10 years of age,
- 1 – 5 year cover available on most Gap Insurance products,
- Wide range of cover levels, £5,000, £10,000, £15,000, £20,000, £25,000 and up to £50,000 to suit most requirements,
Your ‘Peace Of Mind’ Features
- Our policies and feature set are better than anything else on the market – guaranteed!,
- Our insurer does not reserve the right to cancel your policy during the term of the policy – beware of those that do,
- All policies covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS),
- UK based sales, administration and claims handling team – no overseas call centres,
- We are the UK’s longest continually and directly FSA/FCA regulated specialist Gap Insurance broker, trusted by thousands of customers every year since 2007,
- We are probably the most experienced and knowledgeable Gap Insurance people in the market – 7 years on-line and 30 years within motor dealerships,
- Defaqto 5 Star rated cover,
- Recommended by Which? magazine,
Customer Friendly Features
- Free policy amendments, no charge for address or registration number changes,
- Our Return To Invoice policies are transferable free of charge if you change your vehicle,
- All Gap Insurances end when a claim is made, but we provide a new policy for your replacement vehicle for the period remaining – FREE of charge,
- Our policies are cancellable with a pro-rata refund of unused premium less a £35 cancellation fee charged by the insurer, except where a new policy is purchased in which case no fee is charged,
- Change your vehicle during your period of cover and receive a refund of unused premium to use toward the purchase of a new policy from us,
- FREE transfer to next of kin upon death.
The above list represents some of the key benefit features, please refer to the full policy terms and conditions for greater detail. Always read the policy terms & Conditions before buying anywhere!
In cases of a policy transfer to another vehicle, if the purchase price of the replacement vehicle exceeds the price of the original vehicle, a small additional premium may be required. In the event of a claim the cost of fuel is not covered. Please refer to policy terms and conditions for more detail. Negative equity carried across from a previous vehicle and finance agreement (in part exchange) can be also be covered for a small additional premium of £25 – Please CALL 0843 2898 318 for further details.
- Your car, van, motorhome or motorcycle is under 10 years of age and less than 80,000 miles at the start of cover,
- You are the person/company named as the policyholder or named driver on the motor insurance policy,
- Cover is purchased within 180 days of vehicle purchase or intend to take delivery in the next 60 days, if not please see our Agreed Value Gap Insurance.
- Your car, van, motorhome or motorcycle invoice price did not exceed £75,000 at time of purchase,
- Your vehicle was purchased with cash or if it was financed,
- You are the V5 registered keeper of the vehicle and where financed the named customer on the finance agreement,
- Your vehicle is listed in the Glass’s Guide and principally used in the UK.
- You purchased your vehicle from a VAT registered motor / motorcycle dealer. If you purchased from a private vendor – please see our Agreed Value Gap Insurance.
- Your vehicle is used for competition, road racing, pace making or off road use,
- Your vehicle is used as an emergency service vehicle, heavy goods vehicle or mini-buses over 19 seats,
- Your vehicle has been modified from the Manufacturer’s specification without your motor insurers agreement,
- Vehicles over 3500kg gross weight.
- The following vehicles are not covered; left hand drive, Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Rolls Royce, TVR, (Taxi’s & Minicabs, except where a premium supplement of 25% is paid), any vehicle not listed in UK Glasses Guide or a kit car.
For full eligibility and policy Terms & Conditions please view the Return To Invoice GAP Insurance policy document.
All insurances on this web site have been designed by us because we know gap insurance and the gap insurance market. It’s all we do!
Using our 30 years experience we worked with our insurer to eliminate the negatives aspects of many Gap Insurance policies on the market, improve customer benefits and make our terms and conditions transparent, fair and simple to understand. We have reduced confusing ‘jargon’ to a minimum and we hope like thousands of others – you enjoy the result.
Please view the policy here.
You can open, download or print the policy Key Facts and Terms and Conditions booklet by clicking on the pdf document icon or link text below. The policy Key facts and our Initial Disclosure Document is also available for viewing or print here;
The terms and conditions within any Gap Insurance can be substantially different dependent upon where you buy. For example, a number of retailers including your vehicle dealership might be using the same insurer but the inclusions and exclusions within the terms and conditions are likely to be substantially different and could cost you a great deal of money in the event of a claim.
The differences are not obvious but are very important to understand. As a Gap Insurance specialist, we would be happy to compare our policy with that offered to you by your dealer or other on-line provider and give you an honest and transparent comparison using our knowledge and experience.
Do not make the mistake of buying on price – it could cost you when you come to make a claim.
We research the market weekly to make sure our features are more customer friendly than anything else on the market – so you can trust in us.
How confident are we? Find a policy with the same features cheaper and we will match the price and pay you £10 for bringing it to our attention.
These video’s and all the information provided on this website relate only to car2cover insurance policies. Insurance products offered by other similar suppliers will contain different Terms & Conditions and will not perform as described on this website and in these videos.
Please click below on the subject on which you wish to view a short video. These video clips are between 1 to 3 minutes each.
If you still have questions after viewing these video’s please feel free to contact us. We offer many ways to contact us, click here to choose.